Tuesday 28 May 2013

Sausage Casserole

There is already one sausage casserole recipe on here, but this one is slightly different...not very, but a little bit.

Today I had my last exam! I'm at work all day tomorrow then I need to start clearing my flat out as we're moving out this year (so sad), so it hasn't quite hit me yet that I really don't have anything to do anymore. But I wanted something yummy and warm for tea to celebrate :)

I didn't take a photo, but it did look amazing, but very similar to all the other sausage cassroles I've made :)

Ingredients (serves 2)
4 reduced fat sausages
2 carrots
1 onion
Handful of mushrooms
Can of chopped tomatoes
Can of haricot beans - drained
1 garlic clove
Drizzle of olive oil
100mL chicken or veg stock
2 baked potatoes

1. Grill your sausages until sealed, then set aside - do this as you're doing the rest really.
2. With the oil, fry your onion, garlic, mushrooms and carrot until soft, then add them to your casserole dish
3. Add in the tomatoes, beans and stock, and chop up your sausages and add them, too. Season well.
4. Bake for 20 minutes with a lid, then take off the lid and continue baking for 15 minutes.
We served ours with bake potatoes :D

Nutritional Info
662 Calories
8.2g Total fat
104.5g Total carbs
19.2g Fibre
39.3g Protein
147.5% Vitamin A

No comments:

Post a Comment