Friday 23 August 2013

Nerd Fitness

Last week I did the weekly ADF Fit Club post, and one of the girls who commented mentioned this website: Nerd Fitness. I figured I'd check it out, see what it was all about. As it turns out, it's brilliant!

I spend all my time on the site on the forums. They have a real life role-playing game, in which you level up by giving yourself quests and challenges through a 6 week period, and if you achieve your goals you may distribute points between the usual D&D style stats system (STR CON WIS CHA DEX and STA(stamina)).

They also have a place where you can log every day what you've been up to, what exercise you've been doing and what food you've been eating. It makes me feel accountable.

I'll be honest though, this week hasn't been my best. The first two days were okay, but then I went to a country show and out for steak and chips on Wednesday, then I'm at work yesterday and today, so yeah...not so good.

Tomorrow though, gym! I'm going to attempt to go three days in a row, but we'll see how well that goes. However, if I'm knackered tomorrow, I'll get my rollerskates out at least and go for a little jaunt :)

Links: Daily Battle Log - First Challenge log - Nerd Fitness Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment