Sunday 10 March 2013

Fitness Apps

I'm obsessed with fitness apps, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Frankly, I'll take anything that will help me become healthy.

My goal has changed somewhat. I still want to fit into my jeans, of course I do, but you know what I want more anything? To be strong. I want to be able to do a proper press up, not one from my knees, I want to be able to do an unassisted pull up, and I want to be able to do an elbow stand. Little things, but to me, if I could achieve them, would mean I was a strong person.

I'm signed up to MyFitnessPal. A calorie counting app that frankly is awesome.

I don't use it terribly religiously, but I do use it every day - generally. It's great for putting my smoothie recipes in to and getting a calorie count.

I like this app because of the recipe feature, plus I like the net way it works out calories - you put in what you eat and how much you exercise and it works out how many net calories you've used and how many you have left for the day.

Fitocracy is a site I've only recently found, but I'm already rather addicted to.

It's a fitness social networking site. You put in whatever exercise you've done that day and you gain points, get so many points and you level up! As someone who plays Dungeons and Dragons and is obsessed with look and EXP, I like the idea of leveling up.

The app is great, it has all the features of the main site but condensed, and actually I find it easier to use than the main website. The track features are perfect, and you get little notifications when someone gives you props :).

Zombies, Run! is an app I've only just downloaded and haven't actually used yet. So anything I have to say about it is going off of what my friend has said and what I've heard from listening to hers.

In the Zombies, Run! app, you are a runner for the resistance  and you must run in order to collect supplies and grow your base. The catch is that zombies chase you.

My friend, who is asthmatic and generally can't run for 5 minutes, ran 9 miles in 30 minutes, because she just forgot where she was. She said it was easier to do in the gym, because when she ran down Sunderland quayside (a place where the zombie apocalypse may have already started) she got too scared.

I'm very much looking forward to using this app, because I would love to build up my running fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment