Friday 29 March 2013

I am in my jeans

That's right. The jeans that began this whole thing. The jeans that made me want to cry on Christmas day. Now here I am on Good Friday, dressed in my jeans feeling fabulous.

They're still a little tight - quite tight. But I don't care because I'm in them! which means that this whole thing has been worth something.

<----how huge do my thighs look haha

Since Christmas I've learned an awful lot about diet and fitness and about myself. I've learned that you can't go into something thinking 'I want to lose weight' it's too abstract, without a goal in mind it all flutters to one side.

I've learned that even if you exercise every day for an hour and you come away looking like a total sweaty-beast, but you still eat like crap, you're not going to lose any weight like you want to.

I've learned that I LOVE weights. I love doing a weighted exercise set and feeling the burn two days later.

I love running! Something I never thought possible. What with my damaged ankle tendons and my dislocated knee, it never worked very well in the past. But with strengthening exercises and a lot of stretching, you really can do anything!

I've also learned that getting into these jeans is not the end of the road for me. First, I need to make them fit better, by running more and tightening up my thighs and bum. But then I need to stay in them, which I think is going to be the real challenge lol

No comments:

Post a Comment