Thursday 28 March 2013

Pin Curls!

For the last few months I've been struggling with pin-curls. I'm very into vintage; clothes, hair, make-up, films, music etc. But I've been struggling with slept in pin curls. The problem, I think, is I either do them too small or I don't manage to tuck the ends in or I squish them with the pin curl clips.

I had them in the night before last, and they did not turn out good. My hair was frizzy and all kinky and not good. So last night I smoothed some Repair and Protect Smoothing Serum all over my hair, kept it dry, and placed large pin curls through my hair. I kept them low in the back, and all facing the same way on the sides.

Pin curls after sleeping on them

After taking them out, I loosely ran my fingers through them, then brushed them with a paddle brush and shaped them with my round bristle brush. They were so lovely! No frizz at all, I think that serum is going to my saving glory when it comes to pin curls. I pinned up one side with a pretty orange flower, because it's not snowing for once and the sun's even out!! EXCITING

I feel very pretty today!

Right side
Left side




















It took me all of fifteen minutes to do my hair this morning, and I think it's perfect for going to the shops, the dentist and making my dress today. And my hair feels in such good condition too!

Pin curls are kind of ideal for me. I'm trying to grow my hair out, and I've found that washing it only a couple of times a week help it grow a lot quicker. I washed my hair on Tuesday, and I'm hoping that I won't have to wash it until Saturday morning before work. Tomorrow, I'm hoping to tie my hair up and add a head scarf too - keeping with the vintage feel :).

No comments:

Post a Comment