Sunday 17 February 2013

One Month In

It's been about a month since I started this little venture, since then I've drank approximately 50 smoothies of different flavours and thicknesses. I've reduced my daily calorie intake to 1,200 calories/day, aside from my evening meal I've almost eliminated fat and 'bad' carbs from my diet. Yet for all this I haven't lost as much weight as I'd hoped. In four weeks there is the potential to lose 8lb (assuming 1-2lb per week is healthy), I've lost half that.

My original goal was to get into my new jeans by my birthday, but that would have required dropping a dress size in 3 weeks, I'm aware it's doable, but difficult. It was a naive goal, but I'm glad I chose it, because in doing this pretty radical diet (for me) I've learned an awful lot about health and fitness, and what it means to be happy.

I may not have lost as much weight as I wanted, but I have gained other things. I feel good. Just...good. My moods are turbulent at the best of times, and stress generally equates to horrible unhappiness, and I'm often very stressed. But the past four weeks have been much happier and calmer. My energy has shot up and I just feel good!

My skin and my hair too, my hair's grown a lot since Christmas, more than I would have expected. And while my skin isn't generally prone to breakouts, it happens more than I'd like, but aside from the usual around where I wear my glasses, my skins been lovely and clear :).

So I still want to get into my jeans, and I still want to lost weight, but I'm okay with taking it slow and just enjoying being happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment