Wednesday 20 February 2013

Sausage Casserole

I'm going to see The Rocky Horror Picture Show tonight at Sunderland Empire, and I'm so excited! I have my costume - Columbia - which I made myself. Plus it's been cold lately, so me and Rob wanted something warm, but filling, so we wouldn't want to snack in the theater.

This recipe is something I've come up with myself, taking inspiration from a few recipes on the Be Food Smart website, but adjusting them accordingly for what we have in our cupboards and coming up with this :).

Ingredients for 2 people
4 reduced fat sausages
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion - chopped
1 crushed garlic clove
1 apple cored and chopped (keep the skin on)
Can of chopped tomatoes
Can of haricot beans
1 tablespoon tomato puree
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
pinch of black pepper

Cook your sausages under the grill, and in the meantime, heat up a pan with the oil in and fry the onion and garlic, until the onion is tender.
Then add all the other ingredients and cook through for about 15-20 minutes - or until the sausages are cooked under the grill.
Chop up the sausages into quarters then add to the pan and cook for a further few minutes.
We served ours with sweet potatoes.

Nutritional Info (per portion)
480 calories
12.6g total fat
65.4g total carbs
15.9g fibre
28.4g protein
438.9% vitamin A
48.4% vitamin C
6% calcium
7.4% iron

No comments:

Post a Comment