Sunday 20 January 2013

Banana, Apple, Summer Fruits Smoothie

Good Morning! Time for breakfast :). I tell you, I'm very achy from pilates yesterday xD.


Ingredients
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup of frozen summer fruits
1 apple - peeled, cored and chopped
1/2 cup low fat yogurt
1/3 cup wheat bran
apple juice to make up to 500mL

Nutritional Info
260 calories
14.5g fiber
5.7g protein
37.1% vitamin C
2.2% iron

This is a very tasty smoothie, but I think I put too much wheat bran in cause it's a bit...bitty. Tasty and good for me lol, but a bit bitty. So if you make it, and you want it a bit smoother, don't put so much wheat bran in.

I went shopping yesterday and bought said wheat bran for 78p for 375g - I bought two :D. I also bought some measuring cups so I can give more accurate recipes.

Me and the fiance made chilli last night, it's been stewing in the slow cooker all night and will be all day, so we'll have that for tea. Not sure how low-cal that is, but I don't care, cause it'll be tasty :).

No comments:

Post a Comment