Saturday 19 January 2013

My New Jeans

This past November, my mum took a trip to Florida. I asked her for a few things but the one thing I really wanted was some new Levi jeans.
You see, just in the July we'd all gone as a family to Fort Myers, and while there I discovered the joy of proper fitting jeans. I have a small waist (27 inches) but big hips (38 inches) this makes buying jeans (and trousers in general) pretty hard. But Levi have this thing called Curve ID - I'm obviously a bold curve. And when I slipped those jeans on, I've never felt better about myself.
So I gave my mam my measurements, looked online and found out what size I would be (according to Levi's online sizing chart) said I need a classic rise (a modern just will not get over my thighs). And my wonderful mum went to the shop, told the salesgirl exactly what she wanted, and brought them back.
Then on Christmas morning, I received two pairs of Levis jeans. Both the same size, one boot cut one straight leg. However, one (the boot cut) is a classic rise - they go on with a little tugging, but they get on. The other is a modern rise. They are beautiful jeans, and I cried on Christmas because they didn't fit and my mum felt horrible. I hated that she felt like that - it wasn't her fault!
It's my 22nd birthday in 3 weeks, and I'm determined to get into those jeans. It's an ambitious time frame I think, so if not by my birthday, then by the end of term (which is the 23rd March).

I don't really plan on anyone seeing this blog. But my plan is to document my weight loss journey, my weight loss for my new jeans, and maybe someone else will be inspired.
There'll be exercise videos and smoothie recipes mostly on here I think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment