Saturday 19 January 2013

Cucumber, Raspberry, Blueberry Smoothie

Lunch time!!

I wanted something that would fill me up, but that would taste a little more like lunch. So I started looking at cucumber smoothies, but didn't find any I liked, so I made my own.

Ingredients
Handful of frozen raspberries and blueberries
About 3 inches of cucumber sliced in half, then half again and chopped.
2 tablespoons ish of fat free yogurt
Enough apple juice to just cover it
Dollop of honey

Blend it all together until there are no/minimal lumps and you get this--->

It's pretty tasty, I'm surprised to be honest. I'm a little skeptical about vegetables in smoothies, drinking vegetables just doesn't appeal to me. But this is really good.

I really like cucumbers and you can definitely taste it in this. There's a sweetness from them, quite unlike the sharpness of the raspberries. The yogurt makes it very creamy, and the apple juice is simply a base for everything else. The little shot of honey makes it just a touch sweeter.

Nutritional Info
98 calories             1.2% Vitamin A
0.3g fat                  8.5% Vitamin C
1.2g dietary fiber    1.2% Calcium
1.1g protein           1.4% Iron

No comments:

Post a Comment