Saturday 19 January 2013

Breakfast Smoothie

Four days ago I bought a blender. Since then I've been having a smoothie a day, but this weekend, I'm kicking it up a notch.
I'm going to have a smoothie for breakfast and lunch, and probably one as a snack before tea, too. I want to kick off my weight loss. I'm not snacking, and all I'm going to drink is smoothies and water.

This morning I made myself a lovely purple smoothie:
 Sorry for the crappy photo, my phone's having issues focusing of late.
Ingredients:
1 banana (slightly past it's prime - makes it easier to blend)
Handful of blueberries (not too many, maybe like 8?)
Dollop of fat free yogurt
1 sachet of Quaker Oats So Simple Raspberry and Pomegranate (or any instant oats you have)
As much skimmed milk as you like for consistency.

Whiz the banana, blueberries, oats and yogurt together, then pour in the milk till it's the consistency you like.

Nutritional Info
302 calories                  1.3% Vit A
2.8g fat                         24.3% Vit C
6.2g fiber                      33.1% Calcium
13.9g protein                1.9% Iron


The other day I also bought myself this pretty nifty bottle. It's got a grate in the top, so I can keep shaking my smoothies and also no big lumps come through. And a screw top, so it's ideal for carry in my car to uni or anything really :).

Not sure what I'll be having for lunch, but I'll be sure to post it.

If you try the smoothie let me know :)







2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing start so far. I'll have to try this smoothie out when I get done with juicing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this is all cause of you lol. I looked into a juicer, but they're much more expensive, so smoothies it is!
      It was really tasty :)

      Delete