Monday 21 January 2013

Raspberry, Blueberry Smoothie

Good morning!
It's horrible here. We've lost the snow, but gained rain. I hate rain. Made my breakfast smoothie for the morning, going to take it to lectures for 9am. Then off to the gym at 11am, then back home-home to work at 5.30 - yay.


Ingredients
1/3 cup frozen raspberries
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
Dollop of low fat yogurt
1/4 cup of wheat bran
Squidge of honey
Enough skimmed milk to make to volume

Pop the raspberries and blueberries in the blender - then I add just a touch of hot water to soften them a bit (my blenders a bit cack and won't whiz solid raspberries). Add everything else but the milk, whiz together, then add the milk to volume and whiz again.

Nutritional Info
129 calories
1.2g fat
7.3g fibre
19.3% vit c
10.1% iron

 Yummy :D. It's a bit like a milkshake, cause mine's mostly milk. But I like it. I like my breakfasts to be more...thick, more milky/yogurty, while my lunches can be a bit more lean.
You can of course substitute the milk for apple juice, and add a banana instead of yogurt - if you fancy dairy free :)

No comments:

Post a Comment