Thursday 24 January 2013

Mango, Lemon Tea Smoothie

Back from the doctors (I really wish it wasn't a 70 mile round trip home) got a prescription, so hopefully all will be well. It isn't half giving me a headache though. 
Anyway. Couple of weeks ago I bought these Twining Infusion Lemon and Ginger tea bags, they were on offer, so I figured I'd give them a try. They're horrible. But now I've found something to use them in! Smoothies!

Ingredients
1 cup of lemon and ginger tea made with cold water
1 apple peeled, cored and chopped
1 cup frozen mango chunks
1/3 cup frozen blueberries
Squidge of honey 

 Nutritional Info
140 Calories
35.2g Total Carbs
5.0g Dietary Fibre
30.8% Vitamin C

I seem to put honey in everything, but its a lower fat sweetener than sugar and I love it xD.

This smoothie it super yummy and very, very good for you! It's ideal for me because I'm in a fair bit of pain, which makes me a little nauseated, so the ginger's ideal. I think I'm going to buy some cinnamon when I do my weekly shop and I'm going to look into a warm apple and cinnamon smoothie made with skimmed milk and honey and things. Low calorie, of course. 


This is quite a low calorie lunch, but it's not all I'm having, I'm also having a bag of weight water cheesy puffs, which are 76 calories a bag :)

No comments:

Post a Comment